Survey after survey has indicated that the vast majority of the aging population in the U.S. prefer to age in place. However, this presents many challenges to their health and wellness. To address this, many home care agencies offer services like companionship and skilled nursing to help bridge the gap.
If you are considering home care, here’s how a home health aide can improve your elderly loved one’s life:
- Prevent Falls – Through home healthcare services in Ohio, mom or grandpa can receive mobility assistance to accomplish daily tasks. This reduces the risk of falls and hospital readmissions.
- Help with Housekeeping – In addition to personal care and companionship, a home health aide can also offer assistance with light housekeeping tasks. This includes meal preparation and prescription refills.
- Retain Independence – Unlike an assisted living facility or nursing home, home care allows seniors to retain their independence at home. This means they have control over many aspects of their daily life, including their schedule.
- Companionship – A home health aide can provide one-on-one, personalized care. This builds meaningful human connections, which have a huge impact on a senior’s overall well-being.
- Family Involvement – Through home care, seniors can age comfortably in place. This encourages involvement for family members to become a larger part of their senior loved one’s care plan.
Do you think an aging parent or elderly family member can benefit from receiving home health care in Columbus, Ohio? If so, get in touch with Perfect Hands Healthcare Group, LLC to get started with your home care journey.