Therapy is a patient’s bridge to full recovery. However, without a therapist that dedicates their time, skill, and effort to you, things will go unruly. A therapist is the one who will help in improving your quality of life after suffering from an injury or a chronic illness. Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy are the most common go-to therapies. They are for different types of recoveries, depending on the need of the patient. These therapies also go well with our skilled nursing services.
As a provider of home health care in Columbus, Ohio, we believe that it is necessary to know the difference between these types of therapies.
- Physical Therapy
- usually for athletic injuries
- for patients with physical developmental delays
- improves motion and function
- keeps you strong and prevent or reduce the chances of disability
- works on flexibility, endurance, balance, and motor skills coordination
- Occupational Therapy
- usually for patients who suffered injuries from an accident
- recovering from a stroke
- have lost the senses and struggling with developmental disabilities
- motor skills coordination and thinking
- for re-learning the skills essential in everyday life
- Speech Therapy
- for patients recovering from a stroke
- patients who underwent brain surgery
- individuals with structural disorders in the mouth, throat, or have cleft palate
- children with developmental delays
- treats swallowing disorders and communication issues or disorders resulting from traumatic injuries or illnesses
Perfect Hands Healthcare Group, LLC is a provider of healthcare services in Ohio. Among the different types of services we offer are the three primary therapies above. Should you want to learn more about us, schedule an appointment with us today.